Friday, July 27, 2012

Concepts, Updates and a Contest!

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a fantastic Friday! Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I've been really busy.  Today I have the normal concepts, a TOHD update, and I'm announcing a contest!
_________________________________________________________________________________

NHL EXPANSION DESIGN CONTEST

I'm always trying to find ways to keep readers interested and a part of the blog. I thought maybe I could start doing contests that we could all participate in. So I present... the NHL Expansion Design Contest! I narrowed the competition down to four expansion cities.... (US) Seattle, Hartford, (Canada) Quebec, and Hamilton. Concept artists can create up to four entries (one for each city) and can revive an old team or create a new identity! Once all concepts are in we will vote for the best concept from each team, then each country (US, Canada) then the best concept overall! All entries must include at least a home and away jersey and have name/ID on it. All entries are due August 5. More info can be found on the contest page. Spread the word so we can get as many participants as possible!
_________________________________________________________________________________



As I said I've been really busy and haven't been able to keep up with the design votes but here's the first winners.

To no ones surprise the Blackhawks were voted best uniforms. However, to my surprise, the Blues and Hawks tied for best primary logo. Since I didn't vote in the first place I broke the tie and chose my favorite logo, the St. Louis Blues. Two new votes have been posted on the side of the page.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Dallas Stars
This is an update to my original Stars design. I switched the logos and created a gold third jersey. I wanted everything to be really unique and I think the colors and design do so.


 Colorado Avalanche (by Steven G.)

I like this a lot! It brings the mountain design back but doesn't overuse it like the old jerseys! I really like the design on blue and wouldn't mind if the Avs used a design like this. The blue is pretty bright but I like that it ties the Nordiques into the design. Excellent work, Steven! Sorry it took so long to post this. I was going to post it with some Avs concepts of mine but I never finished them. 

Planet Express (Futurama) 

Has anyone seen the animated show on comedy central, Futurama? Well I'm starting to become a big fan of it and I always thought that their delivery company's logo would look great on a hockey jersey! I made some color modifications and created an alternate logo and voila! RinkGear makes jerseys like this (movies, shows, etc.) and I posted this on their Facebook wall to see if anyone liked it. 


8 comments:

  1. For the expansion candidates, you want just logos, right?

    And kudos to Stephen for getting this one right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You create a home and away jersey for each city/team! You use any logo for the team or create one yourself!

      Delete
  2. I love the Planet Express jersey. It would be a great novelty jersey if it were real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've been trying to get RinkGear to make them. You could head over to their Facebook wall where I posted this and let them know you like it!

      Delete
  3. HA! This is awesome! Next you need to do one for the rival Mom! or Mars U!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's an awesome idea! I'll try to make something!

      Delete
  4. This is amazing! I've been watching Futurama for a while, and this is a really cool idea. Great work on the shoulder patch!

    ReplyDelete